Creating Social Content with Gifs and Visual Stories
Facebook posts. Instagram Stories. Twitter threads. Pinterest Videos and more. Social media content is engaging but can also be time-consuming to create. Often the whole process feels scattered. Do you need a different app to create content for each channel? Where can you customize or edit your content? And, most importantly, how do you make sure your content looks sleek, interesting, and helps you achieve your marketing goals?
We can help. Issuu is the all-in-one content creation and distribution platform that transforms your longer-form content into the spec-specific formats for each social channel. The Issuu GIF creator and Visual Stories are powerful tools for marketers, publishers, educators, and more. It’s because we understand you need to create exciting and interesting social content for multiple channels, all in a streamlined and manageable way.
GIFs: Grab your viewers by their digital lapels
You can transform your long-form catalogs, brochures, sales decks, and ezines into eye-catching GIFs. The GIFs link back to your content driving readership and engagement.
How does it work? Upon publishing your PDF, use the Issuu desktop workspace or mobile app to create a GIF.
- Simply select the pages you want to feature
- Customize the background color to match your brand
- Then publish your GIF
That’s it. The results are loud and clear: Animated GIFs stand out in emails, newsfeeds, and social posts.
The Bartlett School of Architecture: Stopping scrollers dead in their tracks
The Bartlett School of Architecture recently published The Bartlett Summer Show Book 2020 on Issuu. Their show book is a snapshot of the distinctive and radical work of Bartlett’s students. The book offers a glimpse into both life and work at The Bartlett, one of the world’s top architecture schools.
Using the GIF tool, Bartlett educators transformed The Bartlett Summer Show Book into a colorful, inviting GIF featuring top content pulled from the book. The GIF they created ultimately was shared to more than 20,000 Twitter followers. It even came with an embedded link that took readers to the complete publication, encouraging prospective and current students, alumni, and other stakeholders to learn more about the amazing work produced at Bartlett.
Visual Stories: Create powerful stories for social in a snap
Issuu makes it easy to access the power of video on Facebook, Instagram, and Snapchat with Issuu Visual Stories. Create the engaging vertical videos you see all over Instagram, Facebook, and more.
To create a Visual Story on Issuu, you choose from one of Issuu’s awesome Story Style templates. Once the Story Style is selected, your existing content is pre-populated into an interesting and professional-looking social story. Using the Story Styles takes only a few seconds, plus the design is all set, so you should only need an edit or two before you preview and can share your final Visual Story.
How does it work? Visual Stories are easy to create from your desktop or our mobile app.
- On desktop, select from the content you’ve uploaded previously
- On the Issuu app, you can even create a Visual Story from scratch using assets right on your device
- Once you’ve selected the content you want to include, choose one of the Issuu story styles to populate your content within
- Edit the story until it’s just right.
- Save the video file
- Create a unique link or share directly to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and more
Check out how Fashion magazine Hypebeast draws its readers in using Issuu Visual Stories.
Stories are today’s most popular content format
If you aren’t already creating and sharing social stories in your content marketing, you absolutely should be. More than 500 million Instagram users are sharing and watching Instagram Stories. And, of course, Facebook and Snapchat offer a similar story format that’s automatically optimized for consumption on mobile devices. Issuu’s Visual Story feature makes it easy and fun to include social stories in your content marketing.
How to use Stories: Let me count the ways
There are so many ways to leverage the Story format on Issuu to supercharge your marketing efforts. Here are just a few:
- Surprise and delight your audience by creating an animated Visual Story showcasing your new product brochure or this season’s look book
- Tip: You can easily link it back to your complete publication and house it on Issuu
- Increase story views and publication reads to make the most of your content marketing efforts—all powered by Issuu
- Maximize the impact of a new brochure, catalog, real estate listing, and much more, by transforming your existing content across multiple formats for social media
- Plus, Issuu tracks the performance of your stories, so you’ll know what works and what doesn’t
Ready to GIF it up? Get step-by-step instructions on how to use the Issuu GIF creator and Issuu Visual Stories. Don’t have Issuu yet? Check out the Issuu Premium plan to unlock our most popular features for your content marketing.