Get into the holiday spirit and start your December 2018 Content Calendar today!
The holiday season has arrived and now is the perfect time to start planning your December 2018 content calendar. Get ahead of the holiday rush, amp up your marketing game and watch your engagement skyrocket this holiday season. Read on for our list of festive content calendar ideas for December.
What is a content calendar?
A content calendar is an essential tool for creators when building a steady stream of content for their brand. Some creatives choose to think ahead with their calendar apps, others use spreadsheets and some even create custom content calendars in InDesign. It’s all about preference.
Why you need to add some holiday cheer to your content calendar now:
Although we are weeks away from the major winter holidays, planning your festive content now will prove very beneficial down the road. Once Thanksgiving passes retailers, brands and companies big and small go into total holiday overload. The consumer rush is a real thing and it’s very easy to fall behind during the most crucial (and magical!) time of year.
Take your December 2018 content calendar to the next level this season.
Of course sparkling lights, glittering snow and jolly Saint Nick are a necessity for any holiday content calendar, but it’s time to think outside the perfectly wrapped gift boxes for your content calendars. The holiday season is full of magic and everyone else’s social feed will be filled with Santa Clause saying “ho ho ho!” so, by planning your December 2018 content calendar early you can think bigger and brighter than others!
Holidays for December 2018 content calendars:
- National Pie Day (December 1st, 2018)
- Rosa Parks Day (December 1st, 2018)
- Hanukkah Begins (December 2nd, 2018)
- National Cookie Day (December 4th, 2018)
- National Brownies Day (December 8th, 2018)
- National Pastry Day (December 9th, 2018)
- Human Rights Day/Nobel Price Day (December 10th, 2018)
- National App Day (December 11th, 2018)
- International Mountain Day (December 11th, 2018)
- Chocolate Covered Anything Day (December 16th, 2018)
- National Maple Syrup Day (December 17th, 2018)
- National Sangria Day (December 20th, 2018)
- Christmas Eve/Day (December 24th/25th, 2018)
- Bacon Day (December 30th, 2018)
- New Years Eve (December 31st, 2018)
Trends for December 2018 content calendars:
- Holiday recipes
- Festive cocktails
- Holiday decorations & table settings
- Holiday gift guides
- Christmas trees & lights
- Gingerbread houses, baking & cookie decorating
- Wintery forests & snowy landscapes
- Cozy homes (think hot chocolate by the fireplace)
- Family time
- Holiday outfit inspiration
- Boho holiday style
- Modern farmhouse
- Flannels & oversized winter wear
- Red, green, gold, silver, blue & lots of sparkles
Inspiration for your December 2018 content calendars:
Not sure where to start? Get in the holiday spirit with some inspiration from our festive and fun Pinterest boards: